Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Haters

yo. I'm not sure i really have much to talk about this time due to my lack there of serious subject matter, but hey its been a couple days since ma last post and despite my lack there of a decent audience I'm still confident in this blogs success. Okay. I've recently been under bombardment by horror buff haters about the movie, Piranha 3-D, and I've gotta say, "Who the hell expected this movie to be any good!??" I'm serious now. The common misunderstanding is that things like piranha 3d are to be judged like any other movie. NO! Movies like this are bad, they are not meant to be taken seriously, they're supposed to be fun films for people with slightly bizarre or deranged senses of humour. They're fun to watch. I just recently had a few friends over and we all watched Freddy Vs. Jason. Why? Cause Its a brilliant piece of cinema? No! Because its fun to watch the plotless carnage of two pointless antagonists duke it out to prove who's the bigger bad-ass. We had a lot of fun ridiculing the movie and having fangasms for the guy we were rooting for (mine being the Krueg-myster).
You know what? Its not worth the effort really, because there will always be haters. Horror has a lot of great films representing it, but has a lot of really bad ones too. Horror has this in common with all other genres. But you know what? Us horror fans have something really good going for us. We can enjoy a modest amount of really good movies, like anyone else. But we also have the ability to enjoy all the bad ones too. Who else can say that?

1 comment:

T.J. said...

I dunno about you man, I was watching it for the engaging storyline and the meaningful dialogue.